CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

1-3-11: Thankful Post Day 3...

I am SO thankful for a man that "gets it"...

I had decided what my Thankful post was going to be about & had kind of "written it in my head" & thought I was all set until... I was chatting with a friend of mine tonight & mentioned it to her & she (oh wise friend that she is) made a comment that made me literally STOP & think.

So, what WAS my post going to be? It was to be (well, it still is, I just have another perspective on it now) how THANKFUL I am for a spouse that is a co-parent, a teammate, a partner. A Dad that loves & adores his kids & is willing to go above & beyond for them. Prince Charming is as involved in the day to day runnings with the kids as I am. Luckily he has a pretty flexible work schedule (for the most part) & he helps taxi the kids to & fro.

Ever since we moved out to the middle of nowhere, it's become VERY clear that 1 person can NOT do all the running into town taking the kids everywhere they need to be. PC realizes this (no, I did NOT have to point it out to him, he's just good that way LOL) & does what he can to take the load off of me.

I was going to post about how I take him/his help for granted, that there is no way I could be a single Mom & keep up with the schedules. My sweet & wise friend said something like 'I don't think you necessarily take it for granted, you work TOGETHER, you do what you need to do because you're a family. You do what you can to help each other, you decided early on that you would both be involved & do whatever needed to be done.' You know, she's right (big surprise there). He's ALWAYS helped out with the kids, ALWAYS! I honestly can't think of 1 negative thing when it comes to him being a Dad. He loves our kiddos & he loves me, personally, I think we're all pretty darn lucky!

Anyway, today, I am thankful for an incredible Hubby that helps lighten my load & is always willing to help keep our crazy, hectic schedule running smoothly!

Here are a couple of pics of him with the boys, doing what they love...
Enjoying time with the dogs...



Coaching one of their sports teams...

0 comments: