CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Love post #3

I had a big ol post typed out in my head. I started running it by my hubby & we decided it was probably better if I didn't post it. There is someone that reads my blog (not sure how often, but enough that I need to be careful) that would take what I wanted to say & turn it around & make it so not what I was intending. Instead of taking the chance, I've decided to post about something else I love & something that really touched me today.

I'm not sure how many of you know that C-Man's BFF spends every morning with us. Lately he has been getting dropped off around 7am (I am NOT a morning person LOL) & I take him to school with my boys. Shea spends tons of time at our house, so much time that he also has "chores" when he's here. The big joke is that I'm going to start charging his mom rent. Ok, now, that is all 100% a joke, seriously! We all absolutely love & adore Shea, & his entire family. With that being said...

Shea didn't show up this morning, ok, not a huge deal, I figured his mom had the day off so she would take him to school. I called their house to chat with her & he answered. I found out that there was a conflict, so he had to stay home for a bit & his dad was just getting ready to take him to school late. I asked why they didn't call me, I would have totally helped out, no problem, I would have loved to do it, honestly! His response to me was... "My mom feels like I'm at your house too much & we ask too much of you..." I promptly let him know that "If I had a problem with it, I would let her know, until then, it's NO BIGGIE"!!! Ok, I asked him to give his mom a message for me & have her call me when she got home from work.

I was upstairs getting things done & saw a truck go by. My first thought was "That looks like Doug's (Shea's dad) truck, that's weird". The next time it went by a few minutes later, I thought the same thing, but again, didn't do anything about it. Next thing I know, my doorbell rings. I run down & Shea's dad is standing there, I open the door & he walks away, doesn't say a thing. Hmmm, this is weird. I thought maybe he was dropping off their little girl, oh, okay. Nope, next thing I know, he's getting something out of his truck & walking towards me with a big ol grin on his face. I smiled & asked "Ummm, why are you bringing me pizza?" He just said "We just want to thank you for all you do for us, for helping us out so much, esp in the mornings." OMGosh, is that not the nicest thing?! I'm still grinning just thinking about it.



Can you guess what we're having for dinner tonight? The boys will be SO excited!!!

I love yummy pizza & I love good people! When I offered to help them out, I NEVER expected to be "rewarded" for it, I was doing it because I saw a need & a way I could help out another busy family.

3 comments:

Devri said...

That is wonderful, thank goodness for little blessings.. ha ha.

so now I am dying to hear what that post was going to be about.. sounds like my kind of posts. lol

Traci said...

That is just awesome! I know you'd never expect anything like that but that made it even sweeter for them to think of you. And pizza's always a good thing with kids around, lol.

McKay Family said...

Aww...how nice of them!

Me too on wanting to know about the other post...hang that out there and then take it away why don't ya! LOL

I too have to be careful...might just un-invite FIL. Since mine is private I have less worries...but FIL has lately had nothing nice to say!