CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Just a day late...

We've never really "celebrated" or done much for April Fool's day. You see, it's my mom's b day, it's lots more fun to celebrate with cake & ice cream than it is to have a joke played on you. Anyway, I've never said much about the day to my kids, or played any jokes etc, they just know it's Gammy's b day. Imagine my surprise when I went to pour the Princess a bowl of cereal yesterday morning... I opened the Cheerios box, imagine my surprise when out came Kix instead! Hmmm, that's weird... it should have been a new box, wonder if the "factory" messed up. I didn't give it much more thought after that, just kind of said a quick prayer that she wouldn't get sick, that it really was an "honest" mistake & nothing was "wrong" with the cereal.

Ok, fast forward to snack time after school for Bonez. He ALWAYS, without fail, has a bowl of cereal when he get home. He grabbed the box of Kix, & then got the canister of sugar from the cupboard. That's about when I looked over & saw what he was doing. I informed him that he did NOT need sugar on Kix, sorry, but NOPE! He rolled his eyes at me & said, "I'm NOT putting sugar on Kix". Ummmm, then what exactly are you doing, you are pouring a bowl of Kix & you have the sugar, & I KNOW you aren't planning on eating a spoonful of sugar..." Again with the eyeroll as he informed ME that the Kix box has Cheerios in it, NOT Kix! Ok, so they completely screwed up my cereal at the "factory". This is beyond bizarre, what are the chances...

This is about when he started telling me that Bubby thought it would be fun/funny to play an April Fool's joke on us & switch the bags of cereal around! OMGosh, I totally missed this the day before! Anyway, I guess I got "pranked" by my 7yo, I was just too slow & it ended up being a day late!

Next year, I'll be the one to play the joke on him!!!

1 comments:

McKay Family said...

That's hilarious! What a character!