CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More football...

...different child! Ok, so I felt I should have gotten the bad mom award last month when I realized I didn't sign D up for flag football. I did get him on the waiting list, BUT here, that translates to... "too bad too sad". Seriously, I have NEVER known parks & rec to contact anyone on the waiting list, for ANY sport. Anyway, Bubby was a great sport about it, but has been extremely disappointed about not playing. Out of the blue today, I got a phone call from P & R, hmmm, that's odd, guess I better answer to figure out what's going on. I was asked if D still wanted to play, they had an opening!!! Can I just tell you I think I may have told Rich (on the other end of the phone) that I loved him?! Holy cow, it was all I could do to not drive over to the school right then & there to tell D he was on a team. I got ready & went down & paid for it, just to make sure it really did happen.

I'm sure you're wondering (& even if you aren't, I'll tell ya anyway) how in the heck I'm going to fit in 1 more sport (3 day a week commitment) to our already CRAZY & HECTIC lives. Well, it just so happens, his practice is held at the same place as C-Man's football, same days even. The boys will over lap a bit, so D will just go with us & hang out during C-Man's practice, then we'll walk over to the other field & he'll have his. It seriously couldn't have been any better if I had planned it. Not sure where his games are going to be played, that part could get tricky, but we'll figure something out.

I picked the boys up from school & was still so excited, I walked in to the school (I usually don't do that) & gave Bubby the good news. He was DARLING, he started jumping up & down & told everyone he saw that he was a "Packer"! Too cute!

I know, I thought my life was hectic before, now it's just down right crazy, but ya know, the boys are happy & it's all good!!! Off to soccer practice now, then home to "switch" kids & off to scouts...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yea!!! I'm so glad this worked out. I know you felt horribly about it and yet the little man took it so well. Time to show him that patience pays off. Enjoy!

Kathy said...

Wow, you ARE busy. Just how you like it though, right? Are you leaving town THIS weekend?? Have a blast whenever it is!!!

Brynn said...

Yeah, you're right Kathy, this is how I like it. For whatever reason, I seem to function better with lots going on. No, I'm not leaving until the middle of Oct. I can't wait though. I'm nervous about flying on my own, but I'll get over it.