CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

What's that noise?!



"I don't know if you know this, but... we're kind of a big deal"! That would J & M talking about their "band"! They are TOO funny. My garage has officially be turned into a "band room". This thing cracks me up! They decided it would be fun to play at our ward's talent show last year, they were the HIT of the show... seriously! Yeah, they actually do have some talent! Well, 1 thing led to another & well, last wknd they played at the "Youth Conference" dance here in town. There were a ton of "kids" there! From what I understand (I didn't stay for the entire thing) they were a HUGE hit! Infact, they may have even gotten a "paying" gig out of it. These guys do this more for fun than anything, but hey, if you can make $, why not?! Guess I'll have to put up with the "noise" even more, but that's okay, they do sound good & I enjoy it, so it's all good! (Oh, well, except the time 2 weeks ago when the neighbors called the police on them... oops!) LOL

Anyway, here are some pics from the dance...

John, he's one of the lead singers & the bass player...


John, Dave & Kendall...


My Hubby...




Dave & Christopher...



They are taking a week or 2 off, then they'll be back to it! I can't wait, but until then, I'll enjoy the silence!

6 comments:

1boy4girls said...

so, what exactly do they play? Like what kind of music? I hear all about it, but I guess I've never asked. Hope you had a fun weekend. It'll be nice to get some "live" updates! Check out my blog. I took pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of those "World Tour" type t-shirts that has their concert dates on the back????? LOL!

mimi said...

Brenda I would love to hear some of their music!

Traci said...

Too funny! DH just recently quit his band, and although I was really proud of his talent.. it was really nice to have our weekends back. (Course he put in 5 years too)

Anonymous said...

How cool :) and what fun for them!! And yes, I would presume you'll have to endure more of the "noise" in the future, especially if they're getting a paying gig out of it. Who knows where this could take them? I think it's awesome that they're all up there on stage just enjoying it! Life's too short not to just "enjoy life" isn't it? May we all celebrate life and have "red balloon moments" and remember how blessed we really are. Hey...I need your number!? LOL....love ya~Jacy :)

AKmamaof4 said...

That's so awesome. It's always good to hear that the youth think going to the dances are cool. Fun!!