CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm sad...

I found out officially today, that one of my really good friends will be moving to another state. I am SO bummed! Her hubby can't find work here, he has sent out more resumes & made more phone calls than we can even count, but there is just nothing here. I so understand where they are at, it was us in that position not too long ago, but I'm still sad. I have only known her for a little over 1 year, but we hit it off quickly & have become extremely good friends. I'm so going to miss hanging out with her, working with her, her sense of humor, & her "attitude"! She is so "tell it like it is", which is SO opposite of me, but you know, that's one of the things I admire most about her. Man, I'm gonna have to get long distance on my phone, that's all there is to it! I'm not sure what I'm going to do if we can't have our phone chats, She's really been a rock for me this past year.

Anyway, I knew this was coming, but it still felt like a punch to the stomach when she gave me the dates. I'm not even going to be here to "see them off", I'll be at the retreat. That's probably a good thing, but still..

Sorry to be such a downer, but I'm really bummed right now. I'll try to have my next post be a more positive one. Thanks for "listening"! If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate (as would they) prayers for them as they get ready to take on this new & scary adventure.

3 comments:

mimi said...

Brenda I'm sorry you're sad:( I hope everything works out well for your friend. Having a friend move away is really tough. Does she blog? I'm really enjoying keeping in touch with my long distance friends that way! :)Keep your chin up:):):):)

Sherry said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so down. ((((((hugs))))))

Char said...

((HUGS)) It sucks when a good friend moves away. Luckily there are so many ways to keep in touch even if its not :the same:. Chin up!