CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Blog Challenge...

This week's challenge comes from my friend Traci...

I've come to realize that I spend too much time being my own critic. I can easily pick out my own flaws. I don't think I'm alone in this habit, I believe that we all have this same tendency.

My challenge to you is this: Tell me what your own favorite character trait/ability is. Tell me all about it and how you affect others through it. If you honestly can't pick out your own strengths then I'll give you an easy way out. Just ask the 3 people closest to you to pick one for you. Then blog about those. I'll even give you permission to quote them. I'm sure that you'll find out that you can love what they love about you...


Ok, I had to think about this one, but I found my answer. My favorite character trait/ability of mine is... the fact that I'm dependable. I follow through on whatever it is I'm asked/expected to do & I give my 100%.

I think I've always taken advantage of that, just assuming everyone followed through, the older I get, the more I realize that is NOT the case. I've noticed it happen quite a bit. *I* don't understand it. I take after my mom I guess, it's something I take seriously. If I am asked to do something, I make sure it's done & follow it through to the end.

I could go into lots of examples of people not following through, & then about how I, or someone else had to "pick up the slack", but I'm not going to. I'm just going to leave it at knowing that *I* am glad it's something that I can & do do. It's something I'm not taking for granted anymore, its something I won't, or don't "gloat" about, but I am proud to know that others can depend on me.

So, there you have it, my own, personal favorite character trait of myself.

So, what about you? What is yours?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Your fav ability isn't your super hair powers? LOL. Seriously though, dependability is a great thing. not everyone can say that. It's always nice to know who that one person is who will always "be there" ;)

Brynn said...

Oh yeah... I like that one... "super hair powers", you're good! LOL

I can't wait to have fun with R's hair in October

Karen and Kyle said...

Agreed. Dependability is definitely not something everyone can claim. I had fun skimming your latest entries and photos. Your family sure does a lot and has a lot of fun!

Sherry said...

Sounds like a great characteristic to have...too bad it seems to be lacking in so many others in society today. Yeah. Super hair powers. I had Naomi's hair done nice the other day and Desiree saw it and said you'd be proud. I had to confess that her sister did it, not me. =]

Traci said...

That is definitely a great quality. It's one that I struggle with myself. Not that I don't WANT to be dependable.. just that I too often take on more than I'm capable of and feel like I don't come through for people. I could take a page out of your book. er. I mean, blog.

Great entry!