CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cousin relationships

My sister has 5 kids, 1 boy & 4 girls.  Whenever Conner needs "boy time", she sends him my way, where else can he get all the rough & tumble into his system, than at my testosterone filled house?!  Conner is the same age as C-Man, but he gets along with all 3 of my boys (well, him & D have their issues, but even that is getting better).  We have Conner this week, his dad dropped him off with us last Sat & someone will come get him this Sat (I think).  

These boys have spent their days shooting each other & just having a blast!  Our backyard is a full fledged war zone for their air soft "battles".  Seriously, they would be out there at 8am every morning if I let them.  (I make them wait until at least 9).  They come in only to play some shoot em up video game, then head back out to battle it out again.  A few times, they have gotten on their bikes, & they even played basketball for a few minutes.  Oh, the other thing they have been doing is hanging out in our "band room", playing the drums & guitar.  Oh, & who can forget the wonderful game "rug burn" that my boys have made up?!  

Yeah, I would say, Goldfish, mission accomplished, Conner has gotten TONS of "boy time" in this week.  Oh, I have to tell this little story about him though, I was laughing so hard (NOT at him, I actually felt sorry for him...) so Princess was dipping a spoon (fork?) into a cup & then "brushing" her hair.  Conner asked if she had been watching "Ariel".  Him & I then talked about the "dinglehopper" & how silly Princess was being.  My boys, (jaws on the floor at this point) asked Conner how in the world he knew what a "dinglehopper" was & why was he watching the Little Mermaid (I had to tell them that's who Ariel was).  Poor Conner, tried to figure out how to get out of that one!  I stepped in & reminded my boys that Conner is TOTALLY out numbered at his house & probably doesn't get much choice in what is on the TV with that many sisters!!!  Man, my poor little Princess, is this what she'll be going through a few years from now when I send her to Goldfish's for some "girl time"?!  She'll be able to go on & on about the "old time" rock stars Daddy likes, or the newest shoot em up video game, or even talk for hours about the Lakers & their stats for the season, but be completely clueless on who the newest Hannah Montana is, or who the Jonas Brothers are?!

All in all, it's been a great week.  We LOVE having our cousins spend time with us.  We may not have the coolest house, or the most $, or even the best home cooked (ok, or ANY of those) meals, but ya know, we do know how to have fun!  I love watching the relationships grow as the kids all get older.  I hope & pray that they always are close & that they cherish these fun memories.  

I have TONS of memories of spending time with my cousins growing up, I have lots of stories I could tell.  I am closer to some cousins & have more memories of them because I saw them more often, but I hold close to my heart, all of my cousins & am so glad we are not only family, but friends!

6 comments:

1boy4girls said...

Awww. NOW WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??? I miss my kid! Wanna trade for Adrie? She's driving me CRAZY!!!

Brynn said...

I KNEW, before I even read your comment that you were going to ask for the pics... I don't have any on this computer & Mike is upstairs working. Sorry!!! LOL

Sure, I'll take Drie, I LOVE her silliness, & her & Chay would have a BLAST together, send her on over. I don't do any late night crying though... just sayin'.

Amanda said...

Sounds like they are having a wonderful time! Let me know when I can send my boys over hehehehe :)

mimi said...

Brenda you are such a great aunt! It sounds like you are all having so much fun:)

Shirlene said...

I love cousin relationships. My girls have two sister cousins (on my husbands side of the family) who they love to have sleepovers with and latenights (a popular thing where we live). I, too, have great memories of my cousins, and still enjoy them. Some memories include you.....like plowing through a heard of deer in the middle of the night. Your family visiting (when we were about 11 od 12) and going to Lagoon, and sitting in the very far back of your old stationwagon and thinking the hole in the bottom of the floor was the coolest because you could see the asphalt flying by and throwing wrappers out it while on the freeway made the trip go by faster! I remember Becki wearing her leg warmers everyday while you visited and thinking she was so trendy and cool.

Anonymous said...

I think that I should send my 2 girls over to your house. They need to experience a boy household. Where cowboys and indians roam. Where guitars and drums are played loudly. Where wild shrieks of delight are sent out ...