CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Crazy weather... Crazy kids!

So yesterday, it was HOT, like in the 100's hot.  Middle of the night, total thunder storm.  At some point, I got woken up by some big crash, no doubt, the boys' barricades were getting blown down in the back yard.  Wonderful, wonder how many of our neighbors got woken thinking something was exploding lol.  Anyway, I was sitting here at the computer & all of a sudden the office got pitch dark, I swear, within seconds, it was hailing like crazy! Of course, the boys HAD to go play out there.  Actually, I think they were already out there when it started. Being the wonderful mom & aunt that I am, I wouldn't let the boys come in, I wanted pictures!!! I literally blocked the door & made them go play.

They were hesitant at first, then decided it was pretty fun. Conner insisted on having a "HAIL FIGHT" & they all ran around picking up & throwing hail at each other. They had a BLAST! Here are just a few of the many pics I snapped as they were running around.

B was the first one out there, this is when it first started, I don't think I've ever seen him run so fast LOL...


Here is C-Man & Conner, look at their shirts & how wet they are, keep in mind, it only hailed for MAYBE 2 minutes & rained about the same...


D in our very own "waterfall"...


C-Man & Conner in the middle of their "war"...



Here's Bubby throwing a "hail ball"...


Another of C-Man, look at his shirt!...


Yep, my sis & I have CRAZY KIDS, but we love em!

***disclaimer*** yes, I KNOW Bubby's shirt is on inside out & backwards, he tried going without it on like Bonez, but decided it was way too cold & painful, so just grabbed it & threw it on so he wouldn't miss the action.  I also know my yard looks like white trash, that's because the boys have turned it into a "war zone" for air softing.  No wonder we're the "popular" house, who else in their right mind would let the kids do this?!  No wonder I have such crazy kids!!! LOL

2 comments:

Sherry said...

You are a cool mom to let them do this. They will remember the time they ran around like crazies in the hail and rain. Sounds like good fun!

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Hey! Thanks for checking out both my blogs & for commenting! Looks like you had a similar storm to what we had back in July. Nothing like hail in the middle of summer. Awesome that you blocked the kids outside so you could take pix - sounds like something my husband would do!