CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kids, sickness & "special" occasions...

What is it about kids getting sick ONLY when something else is going on? Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. We don't have the $ this year to do gifts, but we decided we could afford to go out to dinner. I was actually excited & looking forward to getting out of here without the kids. A real, live "date". Can't tell you the last time THAT happened!

Sunday evening Princess started feeling "yucky", nothing I could put my finger on, but she just wasn't herself. Well, in the last couple of days, she's gone from bad to worse. High fever, lethargic, refuses to eat, or drink, just M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E! She's been taking 2-3 naps a day, this coming from the child that gave up daily naps right around her 1st b day.

Needless to say, we are NOT going out tonight. I can't leave her with Bonez, (or anyone else either) at this point. You know, its times like this, I wish my parent's lived closer, I would feel okay with leaving her with Gammy. Papa could even watch the boys if he wanted. But, since that isn't an option, we are staying home & watching Dora (again) since that's the only thing that gets her to stop crying.

Yay, Happy Anniversary to us! Hopefully next year will be better! (Luckily we have lots more years to make up for today)!

No, I haven't taken her in to the Dr. either, I'll see how she's doing & if I don't see an improvement by Thursday, I'll take her then. I did manage to get her to eat a popsicle today, so that in itself is HUGE.

3 comments:

CloverGirl said...

What a bummer!

Right a raincheck and do it another day. No reason you can't celebrate with dinner another night.

Happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!

mimi said...

Don't give up Brenda, make that dinner and special night out with your man happen another night:)Ohh!! your poor little baby, I hope she gets better soon. We've had what seems to be a 24 hour flu going around here. It's crazy to have to deal with it in the summer.

Sherry said...

I agree with the others, Brynn. Just cause you can't do it tonight doesn't mean that you have to wait until next year to celebrate. Maybe next week. I hope your little princess feels better, until then...Come on, vaminos...everybody let's go... LOL