Sunday, June 29, 2008

I want my Prince Charming home!!!

Ok, just a warning, this is going to be a vent, not a large one, but a vent nonetheless.

Hubby left Thurs afternoon to head to a paintball tourney 3 hours away. All of us were planning on going, we were going to drop him off & then the kids & I were to head to my mom's. My cousin's DD was getting married (1st of that generation) & I wanted to go. I was told Wed night that Bonez had told a friend he would be around & willing to feed their animals while they were out of town. Later Wed night, I got a frantic phone call from my brother saying my mom was being loaded into an ambulance & taken to the ER with "chest pains".

I talked to my dad on Thurs & found out it was her gallbladder & they were going to do surgery so for us NOT to go. (5 extra people in their tiny little house would be too much for her). Mike leaves, we stay.

Fast forward to Friday morning. Mom goes home, they are NOT going to do surgery, she's on a blood thinner & it's too risky. Alrighty then... So, my phone rings & it shows up as "message alert" on caller ID. I answer not knowing who the heck it is. It was reverse 911 letting me know that there is an armed & dangerous guy in my area & to stay inside, keep all doors & windows locked etc. They would call back when they have the situation under control. GREAT! LOOOOONG story short, I got my "next" call around 2 saying they were "suspending the search because they THINK the guy has left the area since they couldn't find him"?! WTHECK?! Uh, sorry, that does NOT make me feel better!!! I was beyond freaked to go to bed that night, let me tell you! OH, I forgot, Hubby's cell wasn't working for some odd reason so I couldn't get ahold of him. (Not that he could have done anything since he was 3 hours away, but still). I log on to see if I can get any more info on this creepy guy & YES, they caught him... 4 hours away!!!

It was SO nice to be able to be outside with the kids yesterday after spending the entire day cooped up the day before. We had a big water fight, washed my car & just had fun. Oh, C Man's BFF had stayed the night & his dad forgot he was here (mom & rest of fam was out of town...) so he didn't pick him up until 8:30 last night. No biggie, we LOVE S!

Somewhere around 2am I swear I heard voices IN MY BEDROOM... COMPLETELY FREAKED ME OUT! Finally realized no one else was in my room, BUT my stupid neighbors behind me were having another party (this happened Thurs night too). They were jumping on the tramp, about 8 people, do you have any idea how loud a tramps springs are with that many grown adults on it at one time?! LOUD I tell ya! This went off & on for about 1 hour, I was SO frustrated & tired. They would quiet down, long enough for me to start to fall asleep, then they would start out again. At one point, some guy was doing back flips on the tramp & I swear, I honestly hoped & prayed he would miss the tramp & fall off! I know, mean, but man, I just wanted quiet. Really, is that too much to ask at 2am?! Anyway, I finally fell back asleep somewhere around 5. GRRRRR (jut in time for Princess to come join me...

Today is the day we've all been waiting for, Daddy is coming home!!! Poor little Princess, she's been so lost, I was gone the majority of the week, & then once I got home, Daddy left. She's been looking all over the house trying to find him. The first thing she says when she gets up is "Daddy..." Anyway, we've all been looking forward to him being here. The plan was for him to leave there by 6 at the latest & that would put him home around 8:30 or 9. Totally doable.

Well... Since his phone is on the fritz, I wasn't sure if he would call before he left, to let me know he was on the road. 8:17 my phone rings... it's him, he is just leaving the field, still has to drive back to XYZ & unload the truck, then back to Dan's to get his stuff & his car. Then he still has a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive home!!!

Need less to say, I wasn't real happy at that point. I don't know about you, but I had it in my mind that I was going to be able to "go off Mommy Duty", or at least get a break around 9 tonight. Obviously that didn't happen. It really isn't a big deal, but when I "mentally prepare" for something & then find out it's not going to work out that way, I start to shut down.

Here I sit at 10:11, almost 2 hours after he called & I still have probably an hour to go before I get my "mental break". At that point, it won't even be a big deal since all 4 kiddos will be sound asleep...

Oh well, at least he's on his way! (I hope)


Amanda said...

He's totally stuck with kid duty tomorrow! His time with the kids was much less stressful than yours. Time for a mommy break ;)

Traci said...

Awww.. I want to give you a hug!

And oh my word, how scary about the cell alert! I've never heard of such a thing and I would have been absolutely paranoid!