CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2008

What is it with not following through?

This is something I just don't get. If I say I'm going to do something, I DO IT. End of story, it will get done. No need to remind me, not need to call & nag, no need to wonder, trust me, it'll get done. I'm finding that not everyone is like this. I'm having a hard time with that concept. It's a hard lesson to learn that not everyone can be counted on when they commit to something.

I'm not going to get into the whole situation here, not that I think the person would ever read here, but just in case... Anyway, I got "roped" into doing an end of the year "group" teacher thank you gift. Well, 3 of us were to each do our part. The person who approached & then volunteered me, decided she didn't want to do anything after all. She didn't say anything to us, just didn't do anything. Ummm, ok... she did decide to "help" the other mom, but misspelled the teacher's name on that project. She redid it & noticed after school today that she spelled it wrong AGAIN!!! Ok, so part of me feel bad for her, but for cryin out loud, if you spelled it wrong once, wouldn't you check & recheck & recheck again, to make sure you spelled it correctly?! GRRRRR! She said she was just going to give it to her anyway. Ummm, I don't think so! How embarrassing!

Anyway, I'm just frustrated & needed to vent. I really like this mom, but come on, just follow through on something if you make a commitment.

2 comments:

Karen and Kyle said...

Wow. So sorry! Deciding not to follow through isn't cool. I do have to admit though, that I ask people to remind me, call me, help make sure I remember because I have great intentions but a horrible memory. But I know it and I'm ok with that. Mostly it is a memory of when things are happening. I've missed a few doctor appointments, dance classes, and who knows what else, just by spacing out on them. But your friend obviously remembered. Not cool.

Kathy said...

You need to spend a day in my head...