CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ahhh, the joys of summer!

I honestly don't think I've been to bed before 12:30 or 1 since school got out. I also don't think my kids have been to bed before 10 or so. I LOVE being able to sleep in in the mornings. I love not having to be somewhere every day. I love not having a schedule, just hanging out & having fun with family & friends.
Princess blowing bubbles...

Today we had somewhere to be, Bubs had baseball practice/pictures. The rest of the day was wide open, gotta love that! I told the kids that we would head to the park after practice, (after Bubby got to play in the sprinklers of course). His baseball coach turns on the sprinklers at the end of each practice & the kids all beg their parent's to let them run around & cool off. I think they look forward to this more than practice lol!

Anyway, a friend & her DS headed that way too. I let the kids hang out for about an hour, they had a BLAST. I got some great shots of them playing, gotta love the candids!
Boys just playing around...

Bubby...

C-Man jumping off the slide...

What a nice big brother...

Princess getting ready to slide down the curly slide...

After the park, we came back home & hung out in the backyard for a bit. Then when it got to be just too hot, we headed in the nice cool house & just hung out.

Anyway, we're missing Bonez, but are trying to stay busy so we don't get too bummed that he isn't here. I sure hope he's having fun. I can't wait to hear all about everything he got to do.

Ok, I'm outta here, I have a major headache, & this isn't helping. I'm going to go finish my book & then try to get some sleep. Oh, come on, I don't know who I think I'm kidding, I'll be up for another couple of hours... at least!!!

Gotta love summertime!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun day! We're stuck inside due to heat and smoke. I'm envious!

Elora said...

ahhhhhhhhhh that is so fun. they look like they are having a good time.

two thumbs up "Mom" (not my mom but...... you know what i mean) ha ha

Kaye said...

Isn't Summer wonderful?? It's my favorite time of year.