CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on the weekend....

We headed over to my sister's house Friday night.  Normally, we stay with my parent's, BUT... with their druggie neighbors & the problems my parent's are dealing with, we felt it would be safer if we weren't there.  We had a total slumber party, there were 16 of us staying with my sis for the wknd.  Can you say... a house full?!  It actually wasn't bad though, the kids all got along & had so much fun.  I'm not going to get into all the details, but I hope Goldfish & I can get our kids together again soon.  


Here are all of the "girl cousins" playing on the new air mattress Goldfish bought. They couldn't wait for her to blow it up, they all thought it was their own private trampoline. (Ages in order from L-R: 2,2,7,3 & 9)



I do have to share this little story, I think it was the hi light of the weekend (well, okay, 1 of them anyway).  We had gotten the kids in the house for the night, my boys were getting ready for bed.  I was in the family room with my nieces & we hear this loud giggling & then big belly laughs.  It took a minute, but we finally realized who & where it was coming from.  My Princess & her 3yo cousin snuck out back.  I kept everyone else quiet so the girls wouldn't know I was "on to them" & snuck out to snap some pics.
It was the FUNNIEST & CUTEST thing I've ever seen. These 2 little girls were sitting in the little play house, backs against the wall (under the family room window) just giggling up a storm.  I have no idea what they were laughing at, but it was hilarious!  None of the pics turned out very good, I was trying to be sneaky & didn't want to take the time to play around with the settings on my camera, so this is as good as it gets.




(Ok, before I get ANY comments of Princess's hair, she had fallen asleep, & dummy me thought she would be out for the night, so I had taken out all of her "pretties").  I hope & pray these 2 girls stay close & always have a good relationship, I want them to always be friends, not just cousins.


Here is another of them, it's been so much fun seeing their relationship blossom, they both are getting old enough to really have a personality & have fun together. Drie "helping" Princess drive the car around the backyard.




Ok, I promise, the boys were all there too, I didn't get as many pics of them, they were all too busy playing, but I did manage to snag a couple of them on the tramp. They are all pretty close in age, (12,10,10,6,& 6) which is really nice, for the most part, they all get along well, there are always some minor bumps, but nothing major.

2 comments:

1boy4girls said...

cute pics. Thanks for sharing! You should send me the ones you took. I'd love to have them.

CloverGirl said...

LMAO that you posted a picture of C with her hair like that. I NEVER thought I'd see her on a "bad hair day." LOL!!!

I'm so glad you had such a great trip. I went to visit my family over the weekend, too.