CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Today I am thankful for...


A great relationship with my Hubby!

A few nights ago, I was talking with a friend of mine, I could tell something was really bothering her. I made a comment about how it must have been a rough day, but didn't say anything else. I left it alone & tried to keep the boys (we were at scouts) out of her hair. She later thanked me for making the comment. She didn't realize how much this "problem" was "radiating" from her. She went on to tell me the cause. Our conversation has really stayed with me this week. I realized how much I take for granted the wonderful marriage I have.

Today in church, we were talking about relationships. One thing a friend & I talked about, that has really worked for Prince Charming & I (No, we don't have the perfect relationship, but we try) is giving each other their own space. We totally support each other's hobbies, this alone has made a HUGE difference (for the better) for us. We both need some "me" time, that doesn't mean we don't love each other, or enjoy spending time together, quite the opposite actually. Being supportive of each other & our hobbies has given us each time to "rejuvenate" & really enjoy our time together. It's made us happier, & stronger as a unit.

Anyway, I totally feel bad for my friend, I don't know if her marriage will survive & that makes me sad. It also makes me want to try even harder to make mine better than it already is!

***Oh, that pic is one of Prince Charming passing on his love of paintball (1 of his many hobbies) to Bubby.

0 comments: