CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today I am thankful for...

My mom, or AKA: gammy.


My mom has got to be one of the best "Gammy's" out there (at least my kids think so). She has a "tradition" of sending each child $5 for their first lost tooth. This is something all the grandkids LOVE & wait for. Today was Bubby's turn to get his $, man, he has been waiting all week for a package to arrive. Shhh, we won't tell him that it would have been here sooner if she had just sent the $. Nope, that wasn't gonna work for my mom, if she was sending something, she A. had to do something for all of the kids, & B. might as well just get a box & fill it. LOL

I grabbed the mail before I got the boys from school today, (knowing a package would be waiting). Let's just say, she didn't let us down! Each of the kids got a beanie, & then there were a few other "treats" for the Princess. Here are a few pics of the kids "keeping warm" (according to Roo).

Crazy kids!


Not sure if this one is much better, but it's all I got LOL (guess I know not to try taking a pic when they are trying to watch a movie)...


This one was just too cute not to post, I asked Roo where her "Princess smile" was & this is what she gave me...




My kids absolutely LOVE my mom, (ok, it helps that she is constantly spoiling them), but more than the "things" she gives them, she gives her time & attention. My boys (& Roo too) KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are loved & adored by my parents, they know that no matter what, they will always be there for them. My parent's support my kids 110% in all they do. They can't always be here to go to their games, but when they can, they drive 3 hours to watch. When we are there for hockey, my parents come & "camp out" at the rink (even though it's not something my mom loves to do), because it's important to my kids.

I love watching the relationship grow & become stronger between my kids & my parent's, it's something that means the world to me. I love knowing that no matter what, they have 1 set of grandparents that love them unconditionally, & really KNOW them, know their interests, their strengths, & enjoy being around them. To me, that is priceless!

Roo has such a strong bond with my mom, esp after spending 5 days there when I was in Cali. She STILL talks about it all the time. When she puts clothes on, (from my mom) she gets all excited & says "Gammy got dis for me!" She was so funny when she got her hat & gloves today, she wanted the pink gloves (not the white) & said "me stay warm gammy's house, gammy want me stay warm". It was darling!

My mom is one of my best friends, I've been lucky, we have always been close, I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that my kids have that special bond also.

Anyway, thanks mom, you made our day today!

Love & misses, Brynn

1 comments:

mimi said...

How Fun... It's always so exciting receiving surprises in the mail:)...Their hats are so cute:)
I just love Grandma's :):)They are so wonderful !!! :)