CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Beauty... Day 20

Today's beauty was found on the face of my 10yo! Tonight was his last Pinewood Derby. Tonight was also the first time I have ever not attended the big race. Bubby is still sick & we didn't feel comfortable taking him. Since Bonez had COBO practice, I didn't have anyone to stay home with Bubs. Prince Charming & C-Man took off for the races on their own.

They worked hard on the car all week & tonight, put the finishing touches on it. They walked in after it was all over & PC looked at me & said (whispered) "he's bummed, his car didn't do very well & he didn't get anything". My heart sank. THEN, in walked C-Man with the BIGGEST grin on his face & an armload of goodies! NO, he didn't win 1st over all, BUT he did get 8th place & 1st in our ward. He also came home with the "Most Unusual Car" award this year. Yeah, he was BEYOND excited!

Here are just a few of the pics from tonight...
His "Croc" car...


Him with all his "goodies"...


After getting his awards...


There is nothing better & more beautiful than happy kids!

2 comments:

McKay Family said...

I love his car...I am going to think of it as a "gator" car. He's got great taste. And kudos on all the awards!

mimi said...

Wow! What a Cool car!
Very creative:)!
CONGRATS to C-man...Nice Job!!!