CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beauty... Day 25

My beauty search happened at o dark 30 this morning. It's been a rough couple of days here with sick kids. I wasn't sure if the older 2 would even make it to school today, we decided to wait & see how they felt this morning. Well... the boys did great last night, it was the Princess that ended up in my bed. UGH, I can NOT sleep with kids in my bed. Anyway, I finally crawled out of bed at 6 & came down to wait for Bonez. Roo decided that she too wanted to get up, not sure (I was so freakin exhausted, I can't even remember now) the sequence of events at this point, but I do know that while I was TRYING to doze off, she started crying. I was seriously starting to lose it with her, I knew I didn't have the patience to go upstairs & deal with her so I was literally trying to calm myself down first. At the same time, B had been getting breakfast, the next thing I know, he was upstairs trying to calm her down & see what was wrong. He was SO sweet with her. I'm not sure where he gets his patience, I could sure use some! Anyway, he was up there for about 5 minutes with her, playing with her & just trying to keep her quiet so she didn't wake everyone else. It totally melted my heart to hear him with his little sister. (I knew he needed to finish getting ready for school, so I headed up there to deal with Princess Grumpy). As I was laying here listening to him talk with her, it reminded me of some older pics I have of him with her. He is such a great big brother. I can't imagine only having 1 child, or being an only child. Yeah, I get sick of being a ref some days (ok, MOST days), but the relationships are constant & lasting. I love my sibs & also love that my kids are building wonderful friendships with family members.

Here are some of the pics I was talking about of Bonez with his little sister.

Bonez & the Princess on her 2nd b day...


I think this is my very favorite pic of the 2 of them... (she was only 5 days old)


Another super sweet one... (these were NOT posed), he just adored her from day 1.


Look at him holding her little hand...(& to think he was convinced he ONLY wanted another brother!) LOL


This my friends, is my beauty of the day, my oldest & my youngest & the bond they share. (Hopefully the next time I'm reminded of this, it won't be at o dark 30)!

5 comments:

CloverGirl said...

That is so neat. What a special boy you have there.

McKay Family said...

Awwww...that's so cute! And awesome! And by the way...I am going to have to start cataloging the nick names to keep them all straight! LOL

mimi said...

Those pictures are so PRECIOUS...
How fun to see pics of your little princess as a newborn... & What an Awesome big brother! She's one lucky little girl:)

1boy4girls said...

OK, I expect Princess to be little, but holy cow, Bonez looks SOOO young. That's crazy!

Super sweet pics!

Brynn said...

Mike & I were just commenting yesterday about how little the boys looked! It's crazy, like you said, we expect Chay to be tiny, but the boys?! YIKES! They were So little!