CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blog Challenge #3

"Who can you always talk to"...

That's today's question. This one is easy for me to answer. I could actually a few different people, BUT, I'm gonna blog about my good friend Manda. Manda & I haven't known each other very long & our "story" is kind of funny.

We "met" through a message board we both frequent (that's an understatement, but that's okay LOL). I don't remember exactly how it started (hopefully she'll forgive me for that part), but I know it had to do with hair blogs! From there, we started talking & I started "walking her through" some fun hairstyles. The next thing I know, I'm talked into going to her retreat & she's going to be my ride to & from the airport. Next thing I know, she has me convinced I need to go a day early & stay a day later.

I had seen pics of her, but that's it until... I got off the airplane & was standing at the baggage claim thingy. I was on the phone with Prince Charming telling him I had no idea what I was doing or who I was waiting for. I turned around & well, there she was. It was so cool, it was like we were long lost friends, there was none of the awkwardness I thought there would be. We hung out & did the rest of the last minute shopping & "stuff" for the retreat & just had a blast. We talked, we laughed, we ate (she even took me to In & Out!!!). It was such a great weekend & I am so beyond grateful that I got "talked into it". What an incredible friendship that was born.

I don't think more than 1 day has gone by that Manda & I haven't talked, at least once. We talk all the time, sometimes about nothing, other times we'll have big ol heart to hearts. Even though we don't have the same beliefs, or even feel the same about some things, we can tell each other how we feel & respect each other. We have become great friends & I have been so blessed to have her in my life. I love that we can talk about absolutely anything, anytime.

Thanks for being such a great friend Manda!

3 comments:

S/V 7th Heaven said...

You could have warned me that you were gonna get all sappy in the last paragraph so I could have grabbed a tissue *sniffle* Thanks for always being there for me... Love you!

Tanielle said...

I have a couple of friends I can always talk to. One is my niece! And of course my Mom is always there for me.

Traci said...

You posted this just to make me jealous didn't you? Jeesh, as if I needed you to rub it in that YOU've met her IRL and I haven't lol.

Seriously though, she does rock. And TGFSS for bringing so many kindred spirits together.