CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Blog Challenge #7

This is my last challenge post for the month. I've thought about today's post for a while & tried to come up with someone I could blog about that I haven't mentioned yet. I finally found the "girl friend" I want to share with you.

I'm not going to mention names, but when/if she reads this, she'll know who I'm talking about. I met my friend years ago, we weren't super close, but were definitely friends. We had some great times when we were younger & made lots of memories. We kind of "kept in touch" through a family member, but that was about it... until recently.

Once again, thanks to Face Book, we "re found" each other. We started chatting & just leaving comments on each other's walls & photos. One thing led to another & the next thing I knew, we were sharing parts of each others daily lives & the struggles we're facing. I got a "vent" email from her today saying she needed a shoulder to cry on. I emailed her back & left my #. Literally, within 30 minutes or so, my phone rang & it was her. I ended up calling her back & we talked for over 2 hours. It was such a refreshing conversation. We both got things out that really needed to be said. We both got to vent, & "spill it all" to each other. What a wonderful thing to have found a "long lost friend" like this & have a great, close adult friendship. I love that we already know long ago history, so we don't have to go through all of that, we just picked it up & went with it.

She has turned into an amazing woman, wife & mom. Her kids are so lucky to have her. She has a lot on her plate, but she is strong & has a wonderful, positive attitude. When things go wrong, she laughs. We actually talked a lot about this, how really, what choice do you have, cry & be bitter & negative, or laugh. Either way, the situation itself isn't going to change, might as well look at the positive & muddle through with a smile on your face & a laugh in your heart.

Anyway, thanks my friend, for "finding" me & feeling like you could come to me, that means a lot to me. I want you to know, our conversation really made my day!

Keep laughing!

1 comments:

Devri said...

Lady have I ever told you that you are an amazing woman!