CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blog Challenge #4

Who taught you a skill that you use often?

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a "skill", but something that has really stuck with me is something my sister taught me. It was a hard lesson she leaned, but one she passed on to me. You see, she had a great friend who ended up "burning" her, big time. My sister was heart broken, mad, hurt, you name it, I'm sure she felt the emotion. So what exactly did she learn & pass on from that nasty situation? She leaned that yes, it's great to have friends, it's even better to have your spouse be your best friend. The one you turn to for any & everything. Your spouse only wants the best for you & won't (hopefully) betray you like a "friend" would.

I've blogged a little about this long ago, but here's a quick recap in case you don't remember. I was great friends with someone for years. I really thought she was my lifeline. We told each other everything, we did everything together. Really, I don't think there was anything we kept from each other. One day, it all came to a screeching halt & our friendship ended. I too was mad, hurt, felt betrayed etc. It has taken me a loooong time to get over the emotional parts of it. I felt completely lost & alone after the fact, I felt like I had no one I could turn to, to talk to, no one I could share the little things with. That's when I remembered what my little (lol) sis had taught me. I had my Prince Charming. He wasn't going anywhere, he was here for me, no matter what. I started sharing the "little" things with him, along with the big. Oh, I'm sure he gets sick of me talking his ear off sometimes (most of the time LOL), but I no longer feel alone. We are much closer & it's been fun sharing the little every day nonsense things with him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still have my girl friends that I talk to & that I'm close to, & I totally value their friendship. I just no longer put everything into those & "ignore" my BFF that's right here with me.

Thanks Goldfish, for helping put things in perspective for me.

Ok, I just have to say, it's SO much fun having my sis,( who I did NOT get along with when we were growing up), as one of my great friends now. I love that we can chat during the day & keep up with the going ons of each other's daily lives. We talk daily, if not on the phone, definitely through IMing. I love it! Thanks Goldfish!

3 comments:

1boy4girls said...

awe. I'm all teary again.

I, too, treasure our friendship. It's definitely warped into something good. Thanks for always being there for me too!

(and, yes, you're now off the hook!)

Devri said...

I treasure our friendship, even if it is a one sided blogity friendship!

Definatly off dah hook!

Traci said...

What an awesome lesson that is to learn.