CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blog Challenge #5

I'm not going to start off with a question this time, I'm just going to get right to the point.

I'm going to blog about my mom tonight. My parents made the trek down here to spend the weekend with us. This is something I always look forward to. My mom & I have so much fun together. We both love to shop, so that could have a lot to do with it. LOL But even if we aren't out doing our part in stimulating the economy, we can (& do) have fun hanging out here. We both love crafty stuff, chick flicks, & just talking. Ok, we both also love & adore my kids, so that is HUGE! LOL

We have had so much fun this weekend. We took off with the Princess last night & did a little shopping, a lot of laughing & even more talking. We finally fell into bed late last night, but it was worth it. We got up this morning & watched Twilight together, then hung out until Prince Charming got back home. The 4 of us adults took off for a yummy lunch, then decided to pick up something for the kiddos. We came home, dropped off the guys, & headed back out with the Princess for more shopping. We were on a mission, let me tell you! Luckily, mission accomplished (hours upon hours later). LOL We're both exhausted, but I decided today that I wanted my hair frosted, well... that isn't something I can do on my own, so guess who got roped into helping. Yep, you got it, Mom! Can I just say I now remember why I've only done this once before, YIKES, those are tiny little holes she had to pull my hair through. I think she had fun torturing me. ;) (I'll tell ya later if it was all worth it).

Anyway, my whole point to all of this is my mom is one of my greatest friends. We have so much fun together & have always been really close. I love that she has such a great relationship with my kids, esp The Princess. I hope & pray that they remain close always. I love that my mom still teaches me things, even though I've been out of the house for years. Infact, I can now "blanch" something & I know how to cook asparagus!

Anyway, thanks Mom for a great weekend. I love you!

1 comments:

Traci said...

Awesome post about your mom.

Are you going to post pictures of your hair or what? You can't just TELL us you did it.. you have to show the evidence girlie!